Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Hyundai Santa Fe Limited: Heated seats in my 2009 Hyundai Santa

Heated seats in my 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited are not working. Lights come on when buttons are pushed (both front seats), but seats do not heat up.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing I would do here if this has not already been done is check and make sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse boxes.If there was a seat heater element that has shorted it can cause a fuse to short out.If any fuses are found shorted then the affected fuses need replaced and the seat heater operation re checked.

If this has been done and found to be o.k. next the fault codes need read out with a scan tool to see if any codes have set related to this issue.I have seat heater control modules fail and cause this here and this may be the case.This would need to be tested further with a multi meter to be sure.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply, Pete. I will check the fuse this evening. My wife reported this problem to me at 9:30 last night, so I was not about to start a 'search & destroy' mission in the dark. If it turns out to be more than this, could you let me know where I will find the heater control module?

The seat heater control module for the drivers seat is located under the seat bottom cushion itself.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Last night I discovered that it was a blown fuse. Replaced it and the seats are warming again! Thank you for your help on this. I will gladly rate your service now that the problem is solved.

Your welcome.Glad to see it has been resolved.If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete