C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

I was parking my car and my car gently pushed against the bumper

I was parking my car and my car gently pushed against the bumper of the Ford SUV behind me. When I pulled forward the Ford truck rocked a bit back and forth. The former policeman who owns the vehicle claims he saw me hit his vehicle and told me that there were 3 witnesses. He came and knocked on my door to tell me he was going to have his truck checked out and it infuriated me. I didn't damage his vehicle. I believe he knows he has a suspension problem and is trying to pin it on me. What can I do to protect myself? If he tries to come after me for insurance money I want something in writing about the what occurred above and the unlikelihood of that causing damage to a truck suspension.
Category: Car
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 1 year ago.
There is no way bumping the front of a vehicle is going to damage the suspension system. That claim is just bogus and unrealistic. You would have to do serious damage to the vehicle in order to cause any problems with the suspension.

So being a mechanic I can assure you that touching a vehicle on accident or not will definately not cause harm to the suspension system.

Let me know if you have any questions, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There was no "bump" whatsoever. There was only light contact and a small amount of pressure, so that when I pulled forward, the truck rocked a bit. He was telling me something about "pins". Do you know what he would have been referring to?

The only thing I could suspect would be the park pin on the transmission. But if this was true the vehicle would have rolled away and would not be able to be parked.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your answers.

Thank you for using the site. If you need anything else feel free to ask. Thanks
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience: Shop training and experience.