Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Hello. Just read your info on replacing headlights on Lexus

Hello. Just read your info on replacing headlights on Lexus Rx 330 - 2004. Do I need to remove everything the PDF shows? We just have the halogen lights- but it shows removing a motor assembly? Is that for self leveling lights?

And if I remove the Fender splash covers I would not have to remove bumper cover? I guess I am not sure if all the instructions in PDF are applicable to our vehicle? Thanks

Hi,My name is Tim,

I will do my best to assist you

are you wanting to replace the headlamp bulbs or the complete headlamp assembly?

thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Am replacing the complete headlamp assembly. 2004 Lexus rx330. Halogen lights. I will replace all bulbs but know how to do that. Do I need to remove bumper cover completely or just loosen in order to remove lights?
Replacing because they are cloudy. I am pretty handy - just looking for some guidance. Thanks
well..you need to remove the bumper cover

please copy and paste the link below to your main browser. I have uploaded more info on this there

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b14zoofp3cf9kf0/0916-lexes-Head%20Light.doc

.

If you are satisfied with my answer,Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help