Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I changed fuel pump on my vehicle and it stops getting fuel

I changed fuel pump on my vehicle and it stops getting fuel when it gets hot 2003 Susuki Vitara with a 2.0 engine I can here the fuel pump working when the key is turned on.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

Have you checked the fuel pressure when this happens? If so, what is the fuel pressure at?

Are there any codes in the computer?

Amedee
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I didn't check fuel pressure, there are two codes 1 is about the cam sensor and the other is about the low voltage to the heater control module.

Johny,

That would be the next step. Right now we don't know if it is fuel pressure or injector pulse related causing a no fuel condition. If the fuel pressure is within specs when this happens, and the engine will run on starting fluid, then chances are there is no injector pulse. You can check this using a noid light. It plugs into the injector connector and it should blink when the engine is cranking over. You are going to want to check this when the problem occurs. If there is no injector pulse when this happens, then we check the inputs to the computer when this happens. It could be because of a bad crankshaft or camshaft position sensor going bad intermittently when the engine is warm.

Amedee