EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

1993 Toyota truck w/6-cyl. 3VZE will not start

1993 Toyota truck w/6-cyl. 3VZE will not start---no fire at coil---what steps from here?replaced new coil, distributor, good icm, where does supply voltage come from

Hi. The voltage supply to the ICM/Coil is from the ignition switch. B-R wire pin 3 at the ICM. Thank you, Eric
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i have voltage, no spark still from coil

how do you know the ICM is good? Also did the distributer come with a new cam/crank sensor assembly? Or was that swapped from the old one?Also does the tachometer move a few hundred rpms when you are cranking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

swapped out icm with good, DI came w new sensor assy. no tach. what other circuits/sensors tie in that could poss. interupt good grounds

Only thing left really is the ECU. You could check the wires from the ECU to the ignition module. If those are ok I would suspect the ECU is faulty. I will include the wiring diagram as this may help you see what I am talking about.
graphic