Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

350Z: 350Z, US version, Zenon llights. Headlights does not

350Z, US version, Zenon llights. Headlights does not come off. I have put breaker to 0, taken the key out and waited 5 min.
I have now discharged the battery, seems only way to make them come off. Problem with a relay or fuse?

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is OK. Would be good if you could get me an answer before end of business today.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here if this is the low beams on both sides that are not turning off this can be an internal electrical fault with the headlamp low relay as this relay can stick on and cause this issue here as I have seen and had to replace before on some models.

I suspect this is the component that is acting up here needing replaced.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This much I would have figherd but as this car has Xenon llights I know that there are several components involved. So, I wanted to know if somebody had experience of this perticular car down to the specific component.

Is this both headlights or both sides?

Is this only low beams or will it occur with the high beams on as well?

Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is on both sides. I have not tried if it will shut of with the high beam on. I will have to find out and get back to you.

O.k.,looking at the diagram and the common fault that can cause this here the headlamp low relay can stick on and leave both the low beams on on this vehicle.I have seen this relay fail before and cause this issue and had to replace it.

The IPDM (intelligent power distribution module in the engine room) can also fail and cause this here,this would usually affect both low and high beams though so if it only occurs with the low beams and the high beams do turn off I would suspect a faulty headlamp low relay sticking on.One way to check this is next time they stick on tap on this relay and see if they turn off.If they do then the relay needs replaced.

We can also test the circuits at the relay when they are stuck on to see if this is the IPDM at fault but this would require a multi meter to test the electrical at the relay.If you have this tool and want to do this testing when it acts up let me know.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.