Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Only my brake, turn Sig

Only my brake, turn Sig. And head lamp lights work. I've started to meter out my TSN fuse, but that's where I get lost and can't follow your instruction with him any more. Please help!

Category: Car
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Is the vehicle not turning over or starting with this issue here?

Has anything been done on the vehicle recently that may have caused this issue?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Pete. .thank you for responding. My car still runs fine, and no work or any changes have been made to anything recently.when I turn on my night time running lights only my head lamps work I don't have any tail end night time running lights or dashboard interiors. I know its not the switch that controls them, and I meteredt the relay relay. It works fine I think its a break in either the hot or the return back to the battery before it branches out or on the return when it all comes back together due to the fact that both the dashboard and my tail lights went out so it makes me think that it's before it all branches out. This is of course assuming that the relay is the last point in that circuit before the lights.I'm hoping you are familiar with the scenario.and have an idea of what it could be after the relay. Thank you for.your time

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what model Kia this vehicle is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2002 ex spectra. Sorry for the delay in response

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
When you switch on just your park lamps using the headlamp/park lamp switch do the park lights operate at all then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No,my park lights don't work, but brakes work. Unfortunately I need my car for work so out of desperation I took it to a shop. They claim it's a day time running module in the enginr.do you agree?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If the day time running lamp module is faulty internally this can cause a loss of lighting like this here.If they have tested properly and this is what was found at fault I would have it replaced but also ask if they offer any kind of guarantee that this will correct the problem.This way if it does not will they cover the next diagnosis and repair costs or pay for part of the misdiagnoses possibly.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.