sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Maserati GT Conv: I have a 2013 Maserati GT C. After not driving

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Maserati GT C. After not driving it for a week I tried to start the car this morning and found that the battery was dead. I charged it for a few hours and managed to start the car. Unfortunately I couldn't drive it as the electronic park brake is engaged and will not disengage have any suggestions. After trying a second time and pressing the brake off button...the message center tells me to take the car to a dealer. ...but the brake is engaged so I can't drive the car. Help!!
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although this vehicle isn't in my area of greatest expertise I would like to try to help.

If the car was only parked for a week and the battery died then you likely either have a bad battery or something was drawing on the battery while the car was parked. It should be able to survive much, much longer than one week without the battery going dead. I would recommend having it checked for a draw.

On the emergency brake issue I would first make sure all fuses are ok and possibly try another battery disconnect to see if that will help anything. If not then your best bet would be to have the car towed to your dealer, since it's a 2013 and under warranty the tow would also be covered. The problem could be a module, wiring, the switch or a sensor, but with it being under warranty you wouldn't want the expense of trying to repair it yourself and the dealer could deny warranty coverage if they saw repairs were attempted.

If you did want to try to repair it yourself and all fuses are ok then the first step is going to be to use a scan tool and see what fault codes are stored in all modules and go from there.