Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL

f150 f150: hey just ask a question about the wiper and radio

hey just ask a question about the wiper and radio and windows not working just checked my gauges are not working right they bounce around and turn off and on hope that helps a little bit
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 10 months ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX motor do you have in this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

4.6

ok, in the fuse box under the dash, have you checked the #8 fuse?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes

ok you say its good, but does it have 12 volts to the fuse when the key is in the on position?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

DON'T KNOW NEW BATTERY AND THE ALT IS GOOD YOU CAN CALL IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO XXX-XXX-XXXX

have you checked for power at that fuse with a test light or voltmeter
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

NO BUT I WILL TRY THAT AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND OUT IT SHOULD'NT BE BELOW 12 VOLTS RIGHT

yes it should be between 10 and 13 volts
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

HEY TIM HAD TO GO BUY TESTER NO JUICE ON #8 AND CHECK SOME DIFFERENT ONES SOME HAD JUICE SOME DID'NT

ok, in the fuse box under the hood, next to the battery, can you check fuse F1.113, it is a 40 amp fuse, i will post a picture of this fuse box below , to help you identify this fuse,Tim

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

IT WAS CRACKED SO SWITCHED IT OUT WIPERS WORK NOW BUT STILL NO WINDOWS OR RADIO

do you now have power on the #8 fuse in the other fuse box?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

YES #8 HAS POWER GOT WINDOWS BUT STILL NO RADIO

then you need to check the wire at the radio and see if it has power, if it does, then its an internal problem in the radio, and this is most likely the reason the F1.113 duse blew in te first place,Tim
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

THANK YOU TIM I WILL CHECK THAT OUT CAN I ASK FOR U IF I HAVE ANYMORE PROBLEMS THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Anytime my friend, if you have more questions on thsi, just reply back to this question, it will stay up for thirty days, even after you rate me,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL