Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

mitusbusi outlander: I am replacing the rear discs and rotors

I am replacing the rear disc's and rotors on a 2007 mitusi outlander and when I put the rear pads into the mount they go in very hard and don't move, as they are in contact with the pistion shouldnt they move? I have cleand the clips and greesed?

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

so before the caliper is put on the pads do not slide by hand in the clips nice and free by hand ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is correct, I have to force the pad into the clips and I have clead the clips, under the clips and applyed brake grease. I figured they should move but they do not?

ok under the clips did you clean them down to bare metal ?

aftermarket rear pads ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I used a wire brush but probely not to bare metal, I am using bendix creimic pads so i am correct that the rear pads should slid in the clips and when the piston applys pressure to them when brakes are applied?

ok make sure under the clips is cleaned down to bare metal install the clips and on the new pads take a file or stand paper and clean the edges that go into the metal clips

a lot of times when the pads are made the ends that go into the clips has excessive paint on them

file them down so they slide into the clips nice and easy

once you do that to all the pads you should be fine

I have had to do this a lot to that pad area

yes those pads should not be that tight in the clips they should pop in and slide by hand

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I will do that, how easily should they move? can there be some resistiance or should they fall out if they are not being held?

also if after I have cleaned to bear metal and removed the paint they still don't slid what would be the next step?

should feel light resistance but not be loose

if you were able to get the pads in right now but are very tight doing what I said will correct this problem

if they were the wrong pads they wouldn't fit at all

following what I said will correct this problem