land rover discovery: how can I reset my alarm in my 1997 land

Customer Question

how can I reset my alarm in my 1997 land rover discovery
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
Hi , my name is Tim, there are 2 ways to disarm the alarm on these, one is witht he remote, the other is to lock and unlack the drivers foor from the outside with the key, have you tried this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried this already, I read in a forum that you need the security code for this type of vehicle (Land Rover) and you need to turn the key x amount of times unlocking and x amount of times locking by determining the times of locking and unlocking by the security code.... been turning wrenches for quite a few years but this is the first Land Rover I have had

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
is it the alarm that is going off, or the immobilizer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the alarm will go off and will stop after a little bit. when I lock the doors the doors will continue to lock and unlock by themselves. I try to start the vehicle and it won't turn over. I got the stereo code from Land Rover and have yet tried to reset that code which displays on it.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
then I am stumped on this, I will opt out and see if another expert has run into this, hang tight,Yim
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The vehicle still will not turn over, I hear a clicking coming from the passenger side under the dash.... I don't know what it is or if it has anything to do with the no start. The drivers door mechanism was disconnected and thats why the alarm was going off. I still don't know why the vehicle will not turn over...???? Please give me some Ideas on where to start thanks.

Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!