Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Suzuki Xl7: I have a 07 suzuki xl7 and when Im driving at

I have a 07 suzuki xl7 and when I'm driving at a constant speed the vehicle tenc to stutter as if it is shifting back and forth true the gears
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
Is the check engine light coming on as well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no check engine light on

Ok the issue that you are describing is consistent with the torque converter starting to have a shutter. This is a common issue with these vehicles and basically the fins inside of the converter get worn and start to slip. The converter is in between the engine and the transmission and the transmission is removed in order to replace this. The first step to confirm the torque converter is to have the vehicle hooked to a transmission scan tool and driven,this will monitor the converter.