K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Saab 9-3 Convertible: Have a 1999 9-3 convertible.Needs

Have a 1999 9-3 convertible.

Needs windshield replaced.

There is a black metal narrow moulding around the glass on top of the rubber molding holding the glass in the frame.

No one wants to replace the windshield without having a new metal moulding to replace the old one. They seem to be certain they'll damage the old one during the glass removal.

Saab does not show the moulding as part of the assembly ?? Therefore no replacement offered??

I have a new rubber moulding available but it does not come with the metal moulding??

Puzzeled Here !
Hello, sorry to ear you're having such a hard time finding the molding. . Honestly it is usually quite hard to swap out the windscreen without tearing up the metal trim. My best suggestion would be to contact Jim Ellis Saab out of Atlanta, GA. I have purchased this from them in the past and they do carry a lot of NOS (new old stock parts) You can reach them at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor email [email protected]
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the prompt response.

I'm glad to hear you know about the molding, no one else seems to .....

And thanks for the tip on the source for NOS.

This contact should be really helpful.

Please stay available to us SAAB folks !

You're welcome, glad I could help. If Jim Ellis doesn't have it they can usually find it.