C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

Land Rover LR3: I have an LR3 2005 V8 128000km shifttronics

I have an LR3 2005 V8 128000km shifttronics / automatic and when I am at a stop and press on gas it doesn't go right away. If I push the gas lightly it catches then its fine. The car shifts fine after that. The problem is only from a stop position into first.
This sounds to me like you have a dirty throttle body. I would begin by removing the throttle body and giving it a good cleaning. I have included the steps to remove the throttle body for you to see.

You can use small amounts of brake parts cleaner to get the buildup broken down. Than use a rag to whip it down. This should clear up the delay.

Throttle body removal steps
Depending on how many miles are on the vehicle, it maybe a good time to replace the spark plugs and air filter.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thanks.