C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

Suzuki Escudo: I just bought a used Suzuki Escudo with the

I just bought a used Suzuki Escudo with the A27A V6 2700cc engine.On the dash is a button that says"Push ESP Off",but I am not sure what this is or does as there is no indicator light on the instrument panel.Can you advise.
Regards
Oswaldi
Electronic Stability Program means Traction control and brake distribution. When you turn it off the system will stop slowing the vehicle down on its own if your tires spin. This is something people use when they are in abnormal weather conditions and do not want the vehicle to automatically control the speed and braking of the car. You do not need to worry about it if you want the vehicle to drive normally.

Let me know if you have any questions, Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks,but how do you know if it is on or off.Is there supposed to be an indicator light or something?
Yes there will be a symbol on the dash when it is turned off. You can only disengage it while the vehicle is running but not moving. If the light is not coming on it is possible the bulb could be burnt out. You can test it by just getting into some water than pusing the pedle down with the tires wet. When on it will go normal and spin a little. With it off it will slow the accelaration down on its own even with the pedle down.