Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

Landrover Freelander: My remote control is not getting any

My remote control is not getting any feedback from the car (Landrover freelander 2003). I used the key to open the driver's door, but the vehicle won't start when I turned the key. Please, what do I do?

Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing I would check here if this has not already been done is to make sure your vehicles battery has a good charge in it.If the battery is weak or dead it will cause a no operation when using the remote to lock or unlock the vehicle as well as a no start issue.I would try to recharge the battery with a battery charger or a jump start to see if this solves this issue here.

If the battery is found to be o.k. this may be an internal electrical fault with the remote itself causing this issue.This would need to be further tested to see if this is the case here and if found at fault it would need replaced to correct the fault.You may have to have the fault codes read out of the vehicles computers using a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in this vehicle to see what codes have set as this would aid in the diagnosis and location of the fault as well.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Thanks Pete. A neighbor passed by, and we figured to check the battery, and lo, it was the fault of a dead battery. I appreciate your coming to help. The problem is resolved.

Have a good day.

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Thats great to hear it has been resolved.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help above when your ready.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete