Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

Bentley Continental: how do I change the W12 oil dipstick

how do I change the W12 oil dipstick tube?

access in car is very tight

but if you 1st remove the airbox / air filter housing you should then see a small screw thats just under the throttle body that holds a bracket for the dip stick tube

if you undo this screw the whole tube then lifts away as its only secured with an o-ring push in seal into the sump at the other end

don't forget to replace the o-ring with a new part when re-fitting
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the replacement tube, there is another loose bracket between the flex hose and the push in seal at the base, is this attached to anything? the part number of the replacement assembly is 07C 115 629D

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are certainly correct when you said its tight! After removing the air filter box I can see the bracket with the screw but its impossible to see the bottom end to locate the sump fitting. Can you get to the lower end of the dipstick tube by removing the lower engine protection shield?

Hello Vic

Sorry but no

you have to remove the engine undertray so you can get to the bottom of the dipstick to pull it out as its often quite tight in its hole and there's no way you'd be able to fit a new tube without this access anyway