C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.

Sharan: How to reset digit odometer of Volkswagen Sharan?

How to reset digit odometer of Volkswagen Sharan?
To reset the digital odometer you need to have a hand held scan tool. You cannot change the miles but you can update the miles on a new replacement odometer. If you are just talking about reset you can do this by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. This will reset the internal module of the odometer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much, I recently change my odometer and the readings is very high even though it is working well but, I am comfortable with the reading. it is now on 405,226 and I want to reduce it to atleast 200,116 as supposed to be the original mileage of the car. How can I do it. I have a scanner. Thank you.

You will need to have the old one plugged in. You than will take the date from the old odometer than you update it to the new odometer. On our hand held from the shop it has the option to download odometer once this is done you connect the old odometer into the vehicle it has to option to upload data. I know most scanners are different and I use the factory hand held so I am unsure what the process is on after market ones but it should be possible.