Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Toyota landcruiser: Hi, My 100 series 4.5l petrol landcruiser

Hi, My 100 series 4.5l petrol landcruiser has developed a surge/ hesitation at low rpm and when backing off acceleration, never under full acceleration. I have replaced spark plugs, fuel filter and put injector clean through the fuel system. I have also cleaned all electrical connections to coil packs and cleaned throttle body of carbon build up. Do you have any other theory on this please.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing I would check for is to see if the engine has a vacuum leak present.In some cases the engine can lean out and this type of fault can occur from a vacuum leak.If no visible leak is located you might try and have the intake smoke tested to see if any smoke leaks out where it shouldn't as this is an indication of a leak that needs corrected.

If this is checked or has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete, I had a small vacuum leak. I repaired this and the problem is still there.

Thanks

Have fault codes been read out with a scan tool at all to see what or if any fault codes have set?