Scott
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes
12331040

Isuzu Trooper: 2000 isuzu trooper power door locks quit working,

2000 isuzu trooper power door locks quit working, both remote and buttons.
Category: Car
Expert:  Scott replied 11 months ago.

Scott :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will gladly assist you with your vehicle concern.

Scott :

In the fuse block behind the panel, check for batter voltage at the following fuses:

C-18, C-16, C-13

Scott :

Do not trust a visual. Verify battery voltage. let me know what you find.

Customer:

Looking for the fuse panel now. I have checked the relays in the box under the hood, but have never worked on the fuse panel behind the dash.

Scott :

Check for the battery voltage. Never trust a visual.

Customer:

Found a blown C-18 fuse. Stole one out of the box under the hood and it works. I'll replace the one under the hood, re-program the remote and see how it works.

Scott :

Great!

Scott :

did it reprogram?

Customer:

While working on this, I just went to get new batteries. In the reprogram process now.

Customer:

Door lock control on armrest works. Using the key from the outside works. As I go thru the process of programming, after I am almost done, I hit the remote and it will lock the doors, then nothing.

Customer:

Panic button works, but not remote.

Scott :

I'm back.. Supper.

Scott :

Let me try to reload. Not sure if your procedure is the same.

Scott :

Sometimes I have to use my 4Share. The procedure will not load. Use the link below. It's free.

http://www.4shared.com/download/MIcAMr-F/Capture.jpg?tsid=20130908-231937-1cfba75d

Customer:

I have tried your link, one from alldata.com and one other that I found online. None work to program the remote. The remote is nice but not my main concern. Fixing the door lock button, and the system that works when you use the key in the door was. If you have other ideas on the remote, or if I need to buy another remote, I will do that. Otherwise, I am satisfied with your help and response. Your help in identifying the C-18 fuse was the key.

Scott :

That is pretty much it on the transmitter reprogram issue. It could be an issue with the transmitter, more even the receiver. If you installed the new battery and it did not help, you will need deeper diagnostics.

Scott :

Let me thank you in advance for your accept. Thank you.

Customer:

I appreciate your help.

Customer:

This has been a nagging problem for weeks and I finally had time to work on it yesterday before my daughter went back to college. I'll work on the transmitter issue later.

Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes