sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

how do i deactivate rear hatch alarm lx570 2013

how do i deactivate rear hatch alarm lx570 2013.  On my 1999 & 2004, I could haul lumber, etc with bottom hatch or both hatches open on occassions, sometimes for 200 miles.  Temporary would be best if fairly easy to do.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The warning is controlled by module software and unfortunately it is a safety feature that can't be defeated.

The best way to keep the warning off if you needed to leave the liftgate open would be to rotate the latch pawl to the closed position and then the vehicle will think it's closed. You can use a screwdriver to rotate the pawl to the closed position, then when you are ready to close it again reinsert the screwdriver while releasing the liftgate like normal and popping the latch pawl back to the open position with the screwdriver.