sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Saab 900 S: Hello I have a saab 900S that after 20 minutes

Hello I have a saab 900S that after 20 minutes driving it stars acting weird like it is going to choke but then it keeps running,then when I park it,shuts down, I try starting it again and accelerates and deaccelerates and dies can You tell Me if You know what can it be.thank You

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Due to it being a 1995 many shops probably won't have the ability to connect a scan tool to the car. Up until the 1996 model year manufacturers were allowed to use proprietary protocols and connectors for scan tool communications.

The first thing that really should be done is use an appropriate scan tool and see if any fault codes have set. Hopefully there will be something stored as a result of this problem and can be used as a starting point for diagnosis.

There are quite a few things that could be causing your symptoms. It sounds like your problem is fuel related rather than ignition. With the symptoms you are having I would most suspect a bad mass airflow sensor, MAP sensor or possibly an oxygen sensor. A bad oxygen sensor can cause driveability symptoms but when you shut the engine off and restart it then the oxygen sensors would be ignored for a short time again after startup. If you are having problems immediately after restarting it then that would fairly safely rule out an oxygen sensor problem.