Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

serviceXXXXXkeeps coming on shut the truck start

serviceXXXXXkeeps coming on shut the truck start it back up it goes off the 2 wheel light goes of when it does it

Hi Larry,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When this type of message comes up like this here this indicates the 4wd computer has detected a fault with the 4wd components.This can be anything from a faulty 4wd selector switch,transfer case shift motor,front differential actuator,internal control unit fault or possibly even wiring at fault.

What needs to be done from here for this issue is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that can communicate with this vehicles 4wd computer.Once the codes have been retrieved then it can be diagnosed as to which component is at fault and repaired from there.This may be the selector switch itself at fault if the lights are turning off on the switch itself.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete