Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

2005 Hyundai: hyundai elantra 2005 acceleration fluctuations,

hyundai elantra 2005 acceleration fluctuations, sometimes slows and dies and wont start for a few minutes, other times it revs up and accelerates increasing in power causing my daughter to mash on the break to keep from hitting the car in front of her
Welcome,

Hyundai has released a Service bulletin regarding this issue. What needs to be done is to have the software for the cars computer updated. This can only be done at the dealer and they will charge 1 hour labor. Which is usually around $100.

This software update will not only correct the issue its having now, but also will prevent some other areas that may have issues later on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hyundai says they can't find and computer update related to my VIN number, they have had the car 2 days now and unable to experience the issue let alone diagnose it. They asked if you a TB number or something like that related to the release? If you can check and call me today as this is the last day the car will be at the dealership, thanks Scott XXX-XXX-XXXX or email it to [email protected]