Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

chev silv 1500 4x4: I have a 2003 chev silv z71 v8 4x4 .the

I have a 2003 chev silv z71 v8 4x4 .the problem is the abs goes off just before coming to complete stop.changed left front wheel senser work fine for awhile then started doing again changed right side worked fine for few days , doesn't do every time you Stop just once in a abs light comes on brakes and rotors in good shap
Hello and welcome!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

This is a VERY common problem. What happens is rust builds up on the hub assembly where the ABS sensor sits and causes the sensor to "lift up" causing the air gap between the sensor and reluctor or ABS ring to increase. This sends a faulty signal back to the ABS computer and thus the ABS computer will activate the ABS when braking. It will not set a code because this is normal operation and the computer is doing what it should based on the faulty input from the ABS sensor or sensors.

To fix this condition, remove all ABS sensors from all hubs (usually just the fronts) and clean the rust off the surface using sand paper (a air die grinder works the best for this) and then re install the ABS sensors. This will fix your problem.

Glad I can help!