sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Pilot EXL: I have a 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L and do not get any

I have a 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L and do not get any sound from the rear speakers. I followed the manual instructions (pressing the tune knob) but get no results.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

When you checked the fader did you get an indication on the radio that your input was received? If it didn't show that you were changing the fade amount then the problem would have to be in the radio.

If it did show fade changing but you get no sound then the problem could be the radio, speakers or speaker wiring. There isn't an external amplifier used on this model so that simplifies things a little.

If both rear speakers went out at exactly the same time then it's more likely to be a radio issue, but I would still test the wiring for an open or short to ground and then try a known good speaker if the wiring checks out ok. If the wiring is ok and a known good speaker also doesn't work then the problem is in the radio.