Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2006 chevy hhr 2.4 engine my problem is I have dtc poo68 and poo16 correlation wh

I have a 2006 chevy hhr 2.4 engine my problem is I have dtc poo68 and poo16 correlation what and how do I fix this problem

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

This is an info request, it is not an answer. This is a generic response, I send out to customers that have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help them (you) out. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

If you still need help, please make sure you included the year, make, model, trim level, and engine liter size. Also please let me know of any repairs or diagnostic steps you have done so far. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs.

I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond, I have to address all waiters in order, so there may be some delay in my responses, but I promise I will do my best to help in a timely matter. Please do not relist, since that will remove you from my waiter list and I will have no clue you still need help.

Thanks Chris.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all of the info that you have requested I have given,I will try again .I have a chevy hhr 2006 with a 2.4 dual overhead cam. I have pulled the codes and come up with poo68 and poo16 I have replaced the mass air flow sensor,also bought a cam sensor have not installed it yet,this word correlation has me worried that it may be a computer problem or something other I don't want to buy anymore parts that is why I have you online this vehicle spits and sputters under a load after engine temp reaches normal operating range any advise would be greatly appreciated thank you. Ken

For code 0068 the throttle body needs to be inspected for leaks or a warped throttle blade shaft or a shaft that is loose, if no obvious issues are found then replace the throttle body.

For code 0016 Check for oil change neglect. If this has occurred then the engine needs to be flushed with kerosene then new correct grade oil installed. After doing this and or if the oil has been maintained, then remove the cam position actuator solenoids. Apply power and ground and confirm the solenoid actuates. Check for debris and deposits in the solenoids. Check for reluctors that have rotated on the camshaft. Poor oil maintenance or overheated engine, usually causes this concern.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Chris if u get my last response can you e-mail me to let me know so that I don't double dip thank you Ken

Yes I got this last post you made.