Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Isuzu KB 300 Fleetside: Isuzu kb300 ignition switch stuck.

Isuzu kb300 ignition switch stuck. How do I go about to get the key cylinder out?

I am sorry that no one has helped you yet. I just saw your question when I came on line

If you still need help, let me know, otherwise you can just ignore this request

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Eric. I'll let my hubby know you replied. Don't know where you at, but it's after 00h00 here. He will contact you in the morning. Thank you so much for replying.

Ok, sounds good. I will be online all day tomorrow. no need to reply to this post right now. that will leave it open for you to reply back tomorrow
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Eric. Hope you can give some advice. The key does not turn in the ignition. I have ordered the new parts from the agents, but due to strikes in the automotive industry, a week has past without any success to solve my problem. I would like to remove the cylinder to see if I cannot repair it as a temporarily measure.

Ok, if the ignition switch is stuck in the off position, the only way to remove it is to drill out the lock pin, which at that point ruins the lock cylinder and it cannot be used at that point.

So, instead, lets see if we can get it unstuck. You need to get some graphite spray and spray into the lock cylinder. Insert the key and GENTLY tap around the lock cylinder with a hammer as you turn the key. Unless a tumbler is actually broken, this will get it unstuck
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Eric, I appreciate your advice! I had to drill the cylinder out through the key hole once the harder cover metal had been removed. Only then it was possible to knock in the retaining pin. Now I have to wait until the new parts arrive. At least I can move the vehicle around.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I eventually had to take the vehicle to the agents in order to have it repaired, which has cost me way more than expected. The door locks must apparently also be changed, but that has to wait until later.