Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

I have an interior shop, and occasionally when the front seats

I have an interior shop, and occasionally when the front seats are out of certain late model foreign cars, the airbag light will be tripped. Usually as long as the key wasn't turned on it is ok. Sometimes not. Is there a tool that I can purchase to clear the codes and turn that light back off? It's $150.00 at the dealership and takes 2 minutes. Do Japanese and European cars use a different tool than U.S. cars?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX clear the airbag codes, you will need a special scanner, most cheaper scanner will not do the airbags and ABS systems, you will need to spend about 300 dollars to get one that does the Airbags systems, autozone and Orielly;s has the Equus Inova scanners, and there are several different ones, but they have one for about 300 that also does the airbags and the abs systems,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do the BMW and Mercedes use OBDll?

yes, after 1996