Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Suzuki Grand Vitara LX: I have a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara with

I have a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara with water leaking in front passenger floor area. Usually present when air conditioning on. They first claimed the drains were plugged and cleaned them out. This did not solve the problem. They now are claiming the case around the condenser is possibly cracked and will involve taking out the whole dashboard to fix if that is the problem. Have you had other reports of a similar nature or possible other suggestions.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

This is an info request, it is not an answer. This is a generic response, I send out to customers that have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help them (you) out. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

If you still need help, please make sure you included the year, make, model, trim level, and engine liter size. Also please let me know of any repairs or diagnostic steps you have done so far. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs.

I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond, I have to address all waiters in order, so there may be some delay in my responses, but I promise I will do my best to help in a timely matter. Please do not relist, since that will remove you from my waiter list and I will have no clue you still need help.

Thanks Chris.

>

>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still waiting for an answer any suggestions?

I need you to 100% verify its from AC use and not from rain. Next you need to let the AC run at idle not on recirculated air to see if there is a leak into the cab. It would be best to pull the carpet back to expose any leaks. If it will not leak at idle but will when driving then its the seal around the drain, the condensation is exiting but its leaking back into the cab around the drain seal with wind able to blow on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris,

We know 100% it is not from the rain but will try your suggestion about running the AC on idle. Will keep you posted. Thanks.

Thanks
Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris,

We have not forgotten but it has been raining the last couple of days and did not want to do the test. The floor has remained dry so we will be doing the test today and will report back tonite. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris,

Ok we ran the AC for 15 minutes on idle and we now have water in the passenger wheel well. Any suggestions what do do next?

Since it did not come in from rain, and it did not come in at idle. Then this means the drain is allowing the water to come back in from the AC when driving and wind is blowing it or the evaporator box is sweating or cracked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris,

I am confused it did come in on idle (the car was parked and not moving), your response indicates did not come in on idle. Please clarify.

My misunderstanding, When you said wheel well, I assumed it was dripping outside behind the front passenger wheel.

Since it does leak inside when idling, all we need to do now is pull the carpet back and find the origin of the leak.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 years of experience