Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.
18617752

Suzuki Forenza: Is it necessary to remove coolant to change

Is it necessary to remove coolant to change thermostat and housing on a 2008 Suzuki Forenza
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

It's not necessary to completely drain the cooling system until empty when replacing the Thermostat and housing, no. However, it is a good idea to drain a little bit so that the level is below the Theromstat and housing. This is basically just so that coolant does get everywhere and make a mess. It's not a "manditory" step that is vital to the procedure. Just keeping things neat and tidy! There is a drain plug on the Radiator. It's on the side of the radiator that faces the engine, on the lower, passenger's side:
graphic

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help. The additional information was helpful.

Excellent! Glad to hear I was of some help today! Have a great day!