Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

suzuki Swift: 2008 swift 1240 cc brakes failed twice

2008 swift 1240 cc brakes failed twice 6 months apart had 10percent braking only while going down hill pedal hard as a rock came right in about 5 ks brake specialist couldnt find any problem
HI,

sorry that no one has helped you yet. I just came online and saw your question.

When this occurred, was there any noise such as air escaping or whooshing sound from underneath the dash?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi mate, no noise of air escaping at all. I could only slow the car down to 30km around corners and it would not stop the car at all..

HI,

Do you remember if right after this occurred and you were finally able to stop, if the idle seemed either erratic, or dropping lower than normal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Everything seemed normal and nothing out of the ordinary. This happened 2 months ago and brakes are working fine now...

HI,

Ok, this is definitely vacuum related - either the booster, check valve, or in engine vacuum system. the fact that it has only happened twice and 1/2 apart between events, makes it a very difficult one to diagnose.

It could be a vacuum line getting hot and collapsing for a moment and shutting off vacuum to the booster, or a very intermittent condition with the check valve.

I am sure i am not telling you anything you dont already know, but just want you to know that this may take some time to diagnose, especially since it is working fine right now.

Give me a bit to go over all the vacuum line schematics and see if I can see a likely cause.

I will post back here in about an hour
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is the most promising outcome so far got all the brake specialist stumped in my town driving a time bomb great car but needs this issue more public before someone gets hurt or killed im sure my cars not the first hear from you soonSmile

HI,

Ok, I have gone over everything in the vacuum system and the check valve an booster. The only possible causes I can see is either the booster check valve got hot and stuck preventing vacuum to the booster, or the master cylinder leaked some brake fluid into the booster and caused the diaphrams inside the booster to not do their job.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks eric will take car in this week to sort this and get back to you at least we have something to go on now cheers peteSmile

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi eric has been no problem their so need a plan b cheers

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi eric waiting for reply to brake problem as all was good with booster check vaulve and master cylinder

I am sorry, I never got your other reply. Let recheck all the vacuum schematics and see if there is anything I am overlooking