Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Jaguar XJ8: Hello,I have a 2004 Jaguar xj8 with 70,000 miles.I

Hello,I have a 2004 Jaguar xj8 with 70,000 miles.I replaced the rotors as well as the brake pads all around.when the car was returned to me the car was sitting low on the suspension and would not come back to the normal level that it was at before the brake job was done.I checked out all the fuses and the relay and all seem to be ok.the only power that I can find coming to the compressor relay with a probe is on the circuit on the back side of the relay switch. with the ignition switch on no other circuits are on even with engine running.I ran a jumper line from the battery to the compressor circuit and ran the compressor for about ten minutes but nothing happened.as mentioned I had no issues with suspension before this.I have decided to replace the compressor anyways as this will the 3rd one since the car was new.any ideas how to fix this problem?

Hi Don,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since this fault has occurred after the brakes were replaced I would check and make sure nothing was bumped loose like a suspension line/hose at one of the shocks or an electrical connector to one of the components for the suspension system.I would also make sure no damage has occurred at a level sensor as this can cause this issue.You may want the facility that did the brake install to re check their work to see if anything was bumped loose or damaged during their repair.If anything is found loose or damaged by them this should be repaired at no cost to you.

If nothing visible is noticed I would have the fault codes checked in the suspension computer to see if any codes have set.If there is a code set this will aid with the diagnosis and location of the fault.If you do have a code set post it here and I can see if I can look up the info on it to see if we can locate the fault.

Thanks Pete