Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My clutch goes all the way to the ground before the coolant

Customer Question

My clutch goes all the way to the ground before the coolant was smoking and the engine was heated and now I can turn the car on but the clutch hits the floor and I can't shift into first or move it help please asap any way of fixing it fast like today
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

What year , make and model is your Car?

Expert:  Ron replied 3 years ago.
Ben, In most cases when a clutch goes to the floor it usually means the system is out of fluid or the master and or slave cylinder has fail and or leaking. The place to start is to check your clutch master cylinder and make sure its not empty.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Ron here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Thanks Ron
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its a 1994 saab 900 turbo hatchback

Expert:  Ron replied 3 years ago.
Have you checked the fluid level in the Clutch master cylinder as suggested?