Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Porsche 944s2: The tach on my 944S2 stopped working. What should

The tach on my 944S2 stopped working. What should I do?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your vehicle has no running or shifting issues with the tach. being inoperative like this this can in most cases usually indicate a fault with the instrument cluster itself with the tach. gage.

What needs to be done from here is to have the tach. signal/circuit tested to see if the gage is at fault or if another component is at fault like wiring or a control unit causing this.

Once the fault is located it can then be repaired to correct the fault.This would usually require some tools to remove the instrument cluster and testing tools like a multi meter and a scan tool compatible with this vehicle to locate the fault.Most shops or a dealer should be able to test and locate which component is the cause here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete