Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Holden (GM) Rodeo 4x4: My Holden Rodeo got serviced and after

My Holden Rodeo got serviced and after a week the transfer case for theXXXXXceased. I was told there was no oil on it. If I wasn't usingXXXXX is it possible that I could have driven for a week with no oil on transfer case?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When you use the 4wd system this does put more strain on the transfer case then it does in 2wd but the transfer case would have started to make noise and fail fairly close to as quick as it did in 4wd.

If the transfer case was serviced when you had the vehicle serviced or if they were suppose to check the fluid in the transfer case during the service I would speak with the place that had done the service to see if they will cover the costs of a replacement transfer case as most will do when it was their responsibility to check it or change out the fluid in it.

I hope this has helped and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Pete.

I have spoken to place that has serviced my car. According to person that have repaired (replaced) transfer case, there was no oil on it, it had been empted for oil replacement, but never topped up again.

I have tried asking service company to pay for damange, however, they have told me I shouldn't be able to drive car without oil.

That is the reason why I'm talking to you, to get more evidence to go back to them.

O.k.,you can drive the vehicle with no oil and in some cases go more then a day of driving or a week before the transfer case fails.I have seen this occur before and the vehicle had been driven before it had failed.

I hope you can get this resolved with ease,if it wasn't topped up by them then this is the cause of this problem and I hope they will help cover the costs of replacement.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete