Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

My 97 Bonneville lost power while I was driving about 55. When I tried

Customer Question

My 97 Bonneville lost power while I was driving about 55. When I tried to give it some gas it just bogged down suddenly started running good but only for a few seconds then back to the bogging down to about 20 mph, I come to a slight hill and it gave up entirely. When it cooled it would start and idle at about 800 rpm but try to give it gas and it bogs and dies. once it reaches about 190 degrees it barely runs and will not restart. There was no check engine light when this happened. Some background before this happened, the car had run great until it warmed up then it run, but it cut out when tried to accelerate, (if the weather is cold it run good for a longer time.), it gets unresponsive. I have replaced the fuel filter, and a suspect injector along with the visibly frayed wires, but the problem continues and I don't know where to go from here
Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 3 years ago.
good afternoon my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today

The first thing I would do is a fuel pressure test. you may have a failing fuel pump. it needs a specific pressure to keep things running.

I would start here. you can rent one from a parts store to check it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I forgot to put that we had already checked the pressure and it was good, so there is no way to rate your answer. I am just going to have to pull my question I am not going to pay somebody to tel me what I already know, I should not have used this site anyway, last couple of times I paid for absolutely nothing but my stupidity. Sorry.

Expert:  Roy replied 3 years ago.

It is a progression in starting, just starting with an on line is not a one answer answer. We would proceed from here if you want but the choice is yours.