Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I own a 1996 Concourse with 150,000 with very few problems in its lif

Customer Question

I own a 1996 Concourse with 150,000 with very few problems in it's life. I take good care of everything and watch it like a hawk. Recently after steam cleaning the engine (I have pressure washed it several times and you can eat off the engine), the air ride went away. I have checked everything I can think of - - - what did I miss ? I applied 12 V power to the compressor motor and it works and checked all elect lines for connection and corrosion, but found none. On one of the connections the voltage was so low, the light barely came on.

Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

What is the output voltage on the battery with the engine running .

Is the check engine light "ON" when the engine is running .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

battery voltage on dash is between 14.2 and 14.4, I hooked up a charger directly to the second terminal on the lead going to the compressor and the compressor started and lifted the car almost 4 inches.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Okay we now need to check for malfunction codes , you will need a diagnostic scan tool ,do you have the means to have this checked .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I text msg my son who was a service manager for a big Chev dealer that the present administration demanded be closed and he was out of a job. He may still have one, other than that possibility, we will have to wait until tomorrow. - - "Cap"

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Cool most likely still has one .

Let me know .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Greg,

My son said he had to turn in the scanner when they closed down the dealership. He suggested Auto Zone !

My hope is if Auto Zone has one, that they will let me use it, but I think they are closed until Tuesday, as today is Labor Day.

With you not being able to diagnose the problem and provide a cure, can this be continued tomorrow ? Will my credit card be charged even though I am without a cure ?

Please respond - - - "Cap"

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

No problem AutoZone will check this for free .post me the codes in the morning .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Greg,

I noticed first thing this morning, that my credit card has been charged for the full amount. Please explain ?

"Cap"

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Don't worry this is in your justanswer account, and will stay with you until you decide to accept my answer and not before , so if i am not able to help you with this issue then i can opt out and let another expert help you, so you can get a answer you are looking for ,
Now if no one can help you, or you have resolved this problem then you just have to
ask for a refund and it will be deposited back to you bank account ..

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Greg,

I didn't need to borrow a diagnostic scan tool after all. After sleeping on the problem I could not figure out why no fuses were blow, so right after I sent you my first msg early this morning, I went out to double check everything and I found a break in a wire and I repaired it.

I turned the ignition on and could hear the pump working.

The system works perfect once again.

How do I go about asking for a refund ? - - - thanks, "Cap"

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Cap .

I will let them know .

You can keep the deposit for future use if needed, and use any of our other category.

like medical vet ,etc .

Rgds Greg