Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Toyota RAV4 T180: My Toyota RAV4 06 SatNav / radio is not working

My Toyota RAV4 06 SatNav / radio is not working and says " a programme cannot be read, consult your dealer". I see this question was asked a year ago but no answer posted. Thanks
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be caused by the incorrect map disc or a damaged or out of date map disc for your vehicle.I would have your disc checked by a dealer to see if it is the correct part number and to see if there are any other updates for this system available to correct this here.

You can also check HERE to see if you can obtain the updated disc for your vehicle.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for response. Trawling around I think I had already come to the same conclusion. I believe that there is also other software on the disc that the system will use for a reboot that can be achieved by disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery. Is that right ? Thanks Chris

I don't see this in the info I have located on this so I don't know for sure if the disc will re boot the software or not.Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery will usually do a reset on the system and in some cases this may or may not work to get this operational again.You can always try and see what it does do as it may correct this issue but if not you would most likely need a new or updated disc for this.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete