Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Infiniti Q45: 2002 infiniti q45 in fail safe mode. gives code

2002 infiniti q45 in fail safe mode. gives code for throttle position sensor. replaced throttle body with used one, problem still exist
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen on some vehicles with throttle body or throttle position sensor codes to have wiring at fault leading up to the throttle body and was the cause of codes like this here.

If this has not been checked yet I would inspect the wiring at the throttle body as well as where it runs to and see if any wiring is found damaged or loose or even shorted out.If any wiring is found at fault then it needs corrected to correct this here.

I would also inspect the wiring connections at the throttle body itself to see if any connections are found to be an issue.If there is a connection at fault it would need repaired to correct this here.

If this has already been checked or is checked and not faults found let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was told that the 02 and 03 q45 throttle bodies are different. Is this true?

According to my info the throttle body itself has the same part number from 2002 to 2003 on this model vehicle.The part number I show for both is 16119AR20A.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Replaced with ANOTHER. Throttle body...same results. Does the computer need to be reset?

If the fault code(s) have not been erased yet this should be done then the vehicle driven to see if the fault re occurs as well as if the limp mode/fail safe occurs again.If it does make sure you have checked all wiring at throttle body as well as where it runs from the throttle body to make sure it isn't damaged at all.

Thanks Pete