Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Kia Soul: We have 2010 Soul with static & popping throughout

We have 2010 Soul with static & popping throughout all speakers with CD,AUX,AM/FM...does it all the time, even when volume is at 0...
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have heard this type of noise several times in the past and on vehicles that are equipped with the audio sound amplifier this is usually caused by an internal electrical fault in the sound amplifier itself needing replaced.

I have also seen in some cases where the sound amplifier electrical connections can become loose or corroded and cause this as well.

I would have the amplifier checked/inspected to see if there is a loose or damaged connection and if one is found it should be repaired to correct this here.If the connections and wiring are o.k. then the amplifier itself is the most likely component at fault needing replaced.

Some models are not equipped with an amplifier and in this case the fault is usually in the radio itself or wiring from the radio to one of the speakers possibly shorted to ground.This would need inspected to see if any speaker wiring is shorted.

I hope this has helped and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete