EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience

Toyota Sienna LE: hi my car will start good, but I will use

hi my car will start good, but I will use it to go around and stop some where and turn it off and I try to try to start it againg and it will start but not stay on, the rpm are very low and the only way it will stay on is if I live the fote on the gas. What I do is that I live the fote on the gas and bring the rpm very hight for a little bit and then the car will stay on againg and stay in normal rpm and run normal againg for a little while.
Thank you for you help
Hi. Most commonly the Idle Air Control Valve will cause the concern you are having. It controls the amount of air into the engine at idle speed. That is why using the accelerator and opening the throttle body, it allows more air in to compensate for a failing IAC and the vehicle will run with your foor on the gas.

I included the diagram of the IAC location.
Please let me know if you need more info on this before rating the service. Thank you, Eric