Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

The main window switch and door locking system failed and I

The main window switch and door locking system failed and I replaced it with a used one from ebay, but it does not work either. I have checked the circuit breaker and fuses, but they seem ok. any additional thoughts?

Hello again. At window switch check light green/white wire for power, blue/black wire for power, and black wire for ground. Let m know which one is missing. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

going to take awhile, i have to get a power tester...suggestions? should i still disconnect the ground and reconnect it once the switch and plugs have been removed?

Lets wait until you get a tester and go from there otherwise its going to be too hard to figure out problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

battery tester checks 12v at the battery and checking the leads against the green/white and blue black with the negative lead there is no reading. I also checked using the negative lead against the body frame with the same result.

Check the 20 amp C18 fuse on interior fuse box to see if it is blown. If not, check to see if it has voltage. Let me know, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where would i put the +/- probes to test the box?

Run a jumper wire from battery negative so you can use that as negative and fuse for power.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fuse looks good and there is power at the source. I restated the switch using the negative from the jumper just to make sure i had a good negative, and there is nothing

Check voltage while wiggling wires in the door jam.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing

If you have no power on the light green/white wire but have voltage at fuse that means wire is broken somewhere. I would start by looking in door jam. Here is a wire diagrm to help with testing. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

http://db.tt/MMAq6uqc

-