Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

suzuki reno: 2006 suzuki reno engine codes p1863 tcc enable

Customer Question

2006 suzuki reno
engine codes
p1863 tcc enable solenoid circuit high voltage
p1869
p1841
p70783 3-4 shift
p0734 gear 4 inncorrect ratio
p0705 transmission range sensor circuit
p0713 transmission fluid tempature sensor a circuit high output

please tell how to fix or what to replace, i need asap !!! car need to be fix today !!
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 11 months ago.

Tim's Auto Repair :

hi

Tim's Auto Repair :

tell me how many miles is on the reno?

Tim's Auto Repair :

explain to me what the transmission does

Customer :

96,314 miles shifting hard and sometimes winning

Tim's Auto Repair :

whinning?

Tim's Auto Repair :

please explain when it makes this noise

Customer :

well honestly you can hear tranny,think wasn't enough fluid put back in after fluid change,but now it is a shifting problem

Tim's Auto Repair :

ok

Tim's Auto Repair :

explain to me the best you can the shift problem,,what does it do

Customer :

hard shifting and like it is not in right gear sometimes

Tim's Auto Repair :

does it ever slip..or like go into neutral?

Customer :

not really,when coming from park it kinda doesn't know what gear to be in

Tim's Auto Repair :

ok

Tim's Auto Repair :

so,,the transmission always makes a noise?

Customer :

yes

Tim's Auto Repair :

in park also?

Customer :

well no it just not shifting like it should

Tim's Auto Repair :

ok

Tim's Auto Repair :

i dont like the whining ..this could be a sign of internal transmission failier

Tim's Auto Repair :

the first thing you need to do is to check the wiring to the transmission'

Tim's Auto Repair :

make sure there is no damage and is pplugged up well

Customer :

so what is the 3 - 4 gear ratio incorrect ,whats this

Tim's Auto Repair :

this is what worries me also

Tim's Auto Repair :

this tells me it has been slipping

Customer :

could this have to do with the tcm or range sensor ?

Tim's Auto Repair :

yes,

Tim's Auto Repair :

but,,the noise would not

Tim's Auto Repair :

with it making a noise,,to me,,it would seem you may have internal transmission problems

Customer :

tim if it wasn't making any noise what could be the problem ,i have two cars here. the reno2006 and forenza 2007,but need to get reno fix ,today !

Tim's Auto Repair :

please stand by

Customer :

ok

Tim's Auto Repair :

i am looking for a picture

Tim's Auto Repair :

stand by

Customer :

ok

Tim's Auto Repair :

if not for the noise

Tim's Auto Repair :

i woiuld think the problem is the tcm

Tim's Auto Repair :

or a bad connection at the tranmsiion or range sensor

Tim's Auto Repair :

you need to check the wiring first

Customer :

let me talk to wife and see if it was making noise ,car has been sitting for 3 weeks,don't remember what she said,give me a minute

Tim's Auto Repair :

ok

Customer :

tim she says car was just jerking hard when putting in gear!

Tim's Auto Repair :

ok

Tim's Auto Repair :

lets check the wiring to the transmission

Tim's Auto Repair :

also..you may want to try cleaning the wire terminals at the tcm with electronic parts cleaner..before replacing the tcm\

Customer :

ok! can you suggest anything else, i have another used tcm ,should i try it ? we where about to out another transmission in.

Tim's Auto Repair :

well

Tim's Auto Repair :

i dont like the incorrect ratio codes

Tim's Auto Repair :

yes,,try the other tcm

Customer :

what cause incorrect ratio ?

Tim's Auto Repair :

hope for the best...but,,expect the worse here

Tim's Auto Repair :

slipping

Customer :

causes ??

Customer :

bad tranny or what ??

Tim's Auto Repair :

internal transmission damage,,worn clutch frittions

Tim's Auto Repair :

frictions

Tim's Auto Repair :

but..it could be giving those codes if the tcm trys to shift to wrong ngears

Tim's Auto Repair :

so,,the tcm is worth a try

Tim's Auto Repair :

again..make sure the wiring is good

Tim's Auto Repair :

and terminals are clean

Customer :

look tim got to put this car back together ,can i talk to you in a few hours !

Tim's Auto Repair :

yes

Tim's Auto Repair :

if im not online

Tim's Auto Repair :

i will answer when i am

Tim's Auto Repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer :

ok thankyou !

Tim's Auto Repair :

you are very welcome

Tim's Auto Repair :