sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Chevrolet Corvette LT1: I have a 1994 Corvette. I bought some

I have a 1994 Corvette. I bought some led bulbs to upgrade my lights.I never made it passed the (2) under the hood lights. IT was fine for a minute then they started flickering & fading in & out When all of a sudden I lost all lights, all electrical everywhere. When I turn the key to the on position none of the gauges work or the lights. I checked all the fuses & they are good. What should I do?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The underhood lights aren't controlled by a module or anything sophisticated, you couldn't have damaged anything by installing these lights. They receive a power feed and then a ground through the hood switch, a very simple circuit.

Since there is no power to anything on the whole car you most likely have a battery related issue. It could be the battery itself, battery connections, positive or negative cable connections or the cables themselves could be bad.

The first thing I would recommend is checking both battery terminals to make sure they are clean and tight.

If you have a voltmeter take a look at battery voltage. If you don't have a meter try jumper cables or a jump box if you have these available, if not you can have the battery load tested for free at most large parts stores or Wal-Mart.

If the battery and connections are ok then the positive and negative cables and connections should be tested next.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I hope you're right. That would be a big load off my mind. I'll give it a try & get back with you later to let you know what happened. Thanks very much.

YOu're welcome!