sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring: I have a 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

I have a 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring with Navigation. Inside the center console is an AUX outlet that I use to plug my IPOD into the stereo. So normally what I would do is plug it in and press the button on the stereo that says Media and change the option to AUX. All of a sudden when I press the Media button, the only option that comes up says RSES, I don't even get the option of AUX any more. I thought maybe it was the cord, so I bought a new cord and it is still the same thing. Any idea what could be the problem?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm afraid this is most likely an internal issue in the radio.

The wiring runs directly from the radio to the auxiliary jack with no other modules or anything in between that could affect operation.

The one external thing that could possibly cause this is if the wiring from the radio to the jack was shorted. It's possible that shorted wiring could be causing the radio to not recognize that it has the auxiliary function but it's not that likely.

What I would first try is a battery disconnect, which will sometimes fix issues like this. If that doesn't help then I would next make sure the jack's wiring is ok, and if it is then the radio will need to be replaced.