sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 14 years dealership experience
9825021

Saab 9-5 Arc: I have a 2003 saab 9-5 v6 3.ot and my problem

I have a 2003 saab 9-5 v6 3.ot and my problem is my dash board light is mest up the air bag light is on my ac dosent work and my driver seats does not move sometimes and the middle triangle light is on if that helps and I replaced the dice computer if that's what it called ? please help

Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and although this vehicle isn't in my area of greatest expertise I would like to try to help.

It's going to take some electrical testing to determine what you have going on.

You may have one single issue causing all of these problems or you may have more than one thing going on at the same time. If all of these things didn't start at exactly the same time then it's going to be more than one problem.

The loss of a/c (I'm assuming it's actually the blower motor) and airbag light could be related to a loss of ignition voltage. you may have a bad ignition switch, wiring problem or blown fuses causing loss of ignition voltage to multiple components. I would definitely start by checking for blown fuses.

The seat not moving is most likely not related and may just be a switch problem. If the problem only happens with one motor (fore/aft, etc) and you do hear or feel a small clunk from the motor when pressing the switch then it's most likely a bad motor. If you hear nothing then some testing would have to be done when it's acting up to see if there is power and ground to the affected motor, and if not then the next place to go would be the switch.

sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 14 years dealership experience
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Everything started at the same time all I know they all have something to deal with each other
If it all started at the same time then it's likely one problem. Definitely start by checking fuses, a loss of ignition voltage due to a blown fuse could be the problem. It could also be a wiring problem or the ignition switch itself.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I changed the dice computer if that helps ?
Have you checked fuses? The first thing I would recommend is checking fuses. If fuses are ok then the next thing I would recommend is using a scan tool to see what fault codes are set in the airbag module.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There no codes that come up when I use the scan tool i check the fueses the good what if the fueses are in the wroung whole will that cause a default ? And my other question if there's any computers that could be fried ?
What scan tool did you use?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The basic ones for check engines lights then I took it to a saab machenic everything but the dice computer is misfiring
An OBDII code reader can communicate with the engine controller and read fault codes but not any of the other modules, an actual scan tool would be needed for that.

If the airbag light is on then there are either fault codes stored in the airbag module or the module isn't communicating. If it isn't communicating then it has lost power, ground, or it has failed. Did it not communicate with a scan tool?

If so, were there any others that didn't?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Quick question what if the alternator have something to do with it ? Or the ignition system ? Or even the battery
None of these things should cause what you are having. If the battery light isn't coming on then the alternator should be charging fine, if you aren't having problems starting it then the battery should be fine. If the engine is running ok then you don't have an ignition system issue.