Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Had a squeal in the power steering when turning into parking

Customer Question

Had a squeal in the power steering when turning into parking spots, somewhere in the system it had a small leak. Engine was replaced by shop and at the same time the power steering pump was replaced. Since then intermittently, seems more often when engine is warm/hot, it looses power steering assist at low speeds and at highway speeds thee is about a 1/2 inch of play in the center point of the steering wheel. Pump was replaced over 5 times, belt, belt tensioner, were replaced. Shop then guaranteed problem would be resolved if the rack and pinion were replaced. Rack and pinion was replaced and later both rack and pinion and pump were replaced at another shop because of poor quality from the first shop. Still problem exists. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago via
Category: Car
Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer

Could you please supply the make, model and year of vehicle that you have?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, it is a Pontiac, Montana, Veratrak All Wheel Drive, 2002, 3.4 L engine

Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hi sorry but I'm not that familiar with that make and model. I will open the question back up so another expert can help you further.