Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

Kia Sorento EX: Hi. I have a 2011 sorento v6 ex. It have a

Hi. I have a 2011 sorento v6 ex. It have a cold start knock. The dealer change the chain and pulley kit but it does not change anything. Now the engine is seize and the dont want to honor the waranty because i said that i will comeback with a blown engine in a month but it happen the same day that i picked up my sorento from the dealer. Do you know an exsting problem with the crankshaft or the bearings. I'm a mechanic and i know that an engine dont blow that easy unless it have a failure.
Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.
Good morning my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will assist you today.

Most low end noises are either caused by lack of oil to the mains and rods, failed oil pump or bearing failure.

The motor would have to be dis assembled to determine the failure. It sounds like bearing failure and they spun and locked up the motor.

I would pursue your warranty with the dealer. If they do not, go to customer service at Kia and have them investigate the issue.

Roy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Rod. I already know that is a bearing issue. The question was : is there some weakness known for this engine on the crankshaft or bearing, because there is a lot of this problem in forums.

Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.
No, I have never heard of a lot of failures from bearings failing for no reason.

No weakness that I have ever seen as a matter of fact, I have seen many engines with 200-300k with original motors. You know that most bearing failures are related to oil issues or pump failures from lack of service. that is what you see in most of the forums and that fact is never mentioned.

Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience: ASE master tech for 40 years