Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mazda CX-9 Touring: Mazda CX9 2010. Stero suddenly stopped

Mazda CX9 2010. Stero suddenly stopped producing sound.. Comes on displays all but no sound.

Have you hard of this?

What is the best and cheapest resolution?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The most common cause for what you have described here is usually a faulty audio sound amplifier itself.On most newer vehicles like this the stereo system installed in the vehicle has an audio amplifier,when this amplifier fails it causes the no sound issue although the radio will still be operational.

The best way or correct way to correct this of course is to have the audio amplifier checked/tested if the dealer has not done this.If found at fault then it needs replaced.The cheapest solution but isn't the best is to replace the radio with an after market radio and disable or by pass the audio amplifier as in some cases the amplifier can be an expensive component to replace.

Let me know if you need anything else,thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete